Had such a though and exhausting day, finally we stopped in front of one restaurant in Jl. Oro-oro Dowo (guess it!) to had a dinner together. We love that particular restaurant since its EXTRA BIG portion!! One fried rice is enough for five people, and the price is almost cheap, yeaaah...for us, it is quite affordable :) and the taste is not that bad.
We ate happily while chatted and laughed, but, in the end, all of us couldn't finish all those big portion of fried rice. Our stomachs were getting really full. That's why we agreed to bring the rest of the fried rice home, and we divided it into two wrapped package of fried rice. But, then, we got confused, we couldn't decide who should bring it back home. A bit discussion, before an idea came out in my mind. I, myself, personally thought that we should give those packages of fried rice to the first beggar that we meet on our way back home.
What a brilliant me, the other also agreed, we rushed back home then.
But, unfortunately, because that was a rainy day, although we have searched in every inter junctions, we couldn't find any of them. We got really tired, cold, and nearly gave up. We just wanted to get home as quickly as possible. We could still give the fried rice to someone in the house, right???
At that time, I felt really uneasy, I don't know why. It seemed that my good intention won't worked out. The, I was beginning to questioned, do these kind of things always happen when we want to do something good. Do we have to pass through some temptation, that shrunk our spirit???
The rain was getting harder and the temperature was getting colder.
It was near the house, when suddenly one of my friend shouted.
"Hey, why don't we gave it to that pedicab driver???"
Then I saw him, one old man stood and stunned alone behind his pedicab. His white hair, and moustache, and beard, wet by the rain. He was wearing a thin transparent rain coat, messed up and seemed so tired. We stopped in front of him, "Excuse me, do you want this fried rice??" I gave him the fried rice. What was amazing, when we gave him the fried rice. his crumpled dark face turned out to be soft shiny gold (hahahaha, although it was just my imagination). A big smile was clearly seen in his face. With a feeble accent (because of the cold rain), he replied, "Thank...Thank you..." then we left him alone again.
Until now, I still remember that pedicab driver's smile. It was one of the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen during my life. Well, it was a smile, from a stranger, caused by our good deed, our sincerity, and it gave me, us, much more pleasure than any other things in the world.
Giving to others would never give you any harm, it makes you rich, it makes you full!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar